Downloads - Please be patient, some of these documents may take multiple seconds to download, but many of them will be worth the wait!
Be Active Your Way: A Guide for Adults – Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
Diet & Nutrition:
Eat Right Nutrition and Weight Loss Tips from The American Dietetic Association:
- Eating Right for a Healthy Weight
- Power Up with Breakfast
- Step Up to Nutrition and Health
- Healthy Eating on the Run
- Shop Smart – Get the Facts on Food Labels
Courtesy of the NYC Department of Health:
- How To Lose Weight… And Keep It Off!
- Tips for Healthy Weight Loss: Eating – It’s All in the Timing!
- Are you Pouring On The Pounds?
- Counting Calories? (Tips for Eating Out)
- Test Your Knowledge on Portion Sizes
- My Plate Planner – A Healthy Meal Tastes Great!
- My Self-Management Goal for a Healthy Weight
Stress – How To Cope
Sleep – Are You Getting Enough?
Courtesy of the Wellness Council of America:
- “The Industrial Athlete” (The WorkSmart Stretching IMPACC Program)
- Three Simple Exercises to Improve Your Posture
- Which Diets Are Best?
- Kids, Eating, Weight & Health – Helping without Harming
- 10 Things You Can Do Right Now To Ease Concerns About Your Weight And Improve Your Health
- Make The Rest Of Your Life – The Best Of Your Life: Physical Activity for a Healthy Weight (The Facts Sheet)
Dr. Andrew Weil’s Head-To-Toe Wellness Guide Advice from Dr. Weil on how to improve your overall wellness through healthy lifestyle change, improved nutrition and supplements.
At the age of 29, soon after graduating from the University of Arizona with an MBA, Doug Nau was diagnosed with Chronic Myeloid Luekemia. At that point, Doug realized two things… his Luekemia diagnosis had changed his life forever, and that – previous to his diagnosis – his life had been “out of balance.”
Doug has since become a Certified Life Coach and a Certified Health and Wellness Consultant and has dedicated his life and his work to helping others find “balance.”
Living in Balance is wonderfully written, and is full of techniques that are easy to understand and can be implemented by anyone and everyone to help them restore balance to their lives.
The Dr. John Berardi, Ph.D., Interview, Parts 1-6
Part 1 – Atheletes vs. Recreational Exercisers
Part 2 – Protein and Body Mass Index
Part 3 – Advanced Nutrition: Metabolism Boosting Foods and Cravings
Part 4 – More about Cravings, Hydration and Metabolic Slowdown with Age
Part 5 – Ideal Rate of Progress, Long-term Weight Loss & Metabolic Preservation
Part 6 – Effective – Metabolism Boosting – Ways to Exercise
Dr. John Ratey – Exercise and the Brain
BRAIN RULES:12 Rules for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School
Rule #1 | EXERCISE: Exercise boosts brain power.
Rule #2 | SURVIVAL: The human brain evolved, too.
Rule #3 | WIRING: Every brain is wired differently.
Rule #4 | ATTENTION: We don’t pay attention to boring things.
Rule #5 | SHORT-TERM MEMORY: Repeat to remember.
Rule #6 | LONG-TERM MEMORY: Remember to repeat.
Rule #7 | SLEEP: Sleep well, think well.
Rule #8 | STRESS: Stressed brains don’t learn the same way.
Rule #9 | STRONG INTEGRATION: Stimulate more of the senses.
Rule #10 | VISION: Vision trumps all other senses.
Rule #11 | GENDER: Male and female brains are different.
Rule #12 | EXPLORATION: We are powerful and natural explorers.
See the interview with Dr. John Medina, Author of Brain Rules.
Diet & Nutrition:
Nutrition Data / Nutritional Analysis: Know What You Eat
Finding A Balance – How incorporating healthy eating and regular physical activity into your daily life can help you prevent and control weight-gain, and many diseases and conditions.
The Mayo Clinic / Weight Loss Basics
• Weight-loss Tip: First, make sure You’re Ready
• Weight Loss: 6 Strategies for Success
• Weight-loss Goals: 10 Tips for Success
• Metabolism and Weight Loss: How you Burn Calories
• Breakfast: Why is it so Important to Weight Control?
• Slide Show: Guide to Portion Control for Weight Loss
The Ultimate Weight Loss Guide from A Calorie Counter
Dr. David Kessler, Former Commissioner of the FDA (1990-1997)
talks about the food industry, controlling food urges, portion control and more.
Take the Medline Plus (NIH), Managing Stress Interactive Tutorial and learn about Stress, its symptoms and causes, the risks associated with Stress, and how to prevent and manage Stress.
Jon Kabat-Zinn – Stress Reduction, Parts 1-6
Deep Breathing & Meditation:
Kapalabhati – The Cleansing Breath Video
Meditation for Beginners with Jack Kornfield
Body Meditation with Jack Kornfield
Meditation on Compassion with Jack Kornfield
How to Meditate with Dean Ornish
Mindfulness Guided Meditation with Deepak Chopra